The Whirlpool 50-pint dehumidifier is a portable unit designed to eliminate excess moisture from the air in your home. With a 14.8-pint bucket capacity and a preprogrammed humidity level, this dehumidifier can remove up to 50 pints of moisture per day. It also has a built-in pump, allowing continuous drainage through a hose or basement window. The control panel includes options for three fan speeds, and the unit has handles for easy transport.
One of the standout features of the Whirlpool 50-pint dehumidifier is its Energy Star certification. This means it meets strict energy efficiency requirements, saving you money on your energy bills. The unit also has an automatic defrost function, which prevents ice formation on the evaporator coils, ensuring that it can operate at optimal efficiency in various temperatures. The dehumidifier also has an indicator light that alerts you when it's time to empty the water bucket.
The Whirlpool 50-pint dehumidifier is designed for use in spaces up to 3,000 square feet, making it ideal for larger rooms or for use in a basement. It has a digital humidistat display that allows you to monitor and control the humidity level in your space easily. The unit also has a washable filter and a clean filter alert that reminds you when it's time to clean the filter for maximum efficiency.
- Energy Star certified
- 50-pint moisture removal capacity per day
- Built-in pump for continuous drainage
- Three fan speeds
- Digital humidistat display
- Automatic defrost function
- The washable filter with clean filter alert
- Energy efficient
- Ideal for large spaces
- Easy to monitor and control humidity
- Continuous drainage option
- Easy-to-clean filter
- Some consumers have reported issues with the built-in pump
- Some users have noted that the unit is louder than other dehumidifiers
Overall, the Whirlpool WHAD50PCW dehumidifier is a reliable choice for removing excess moisture from your home. It's Energy Star certified, making it energy efficient, and it's designed for use in larger spaces up to 3,000 square feet. The built-in pump and continuous drainage option make it easy to maintain, and the digital humidistat display and washable filter make it easy to control and maintain the unit. While some users have reported issues with the built-in pump and the unit's noise level, these are relatively minor concerns compared to the overall performance of the dehumidifier.
In addition to the key features listed above, the Whirlpool WHAD50PCW dehumidifier has several other notable features that may interest consumers. These include:
- A 3-speed fan that allows you to adjust the airflow to your preference
- An automatic shut-off function that turns the unit off when the water bucket is full to prevent overflows
- A control panel with an LED display and electronic controls makes it easy to navigate and adjust the settings
- A continuous low-level drainage option that allows the unit to drain continuously without the need to constantly monitor and empty the water bucket
- A built-in pump can pump the water through a hose or into a basement window, eliminating the need to empty the water bucket manually.
- A washable filter that can be easily cleaned and maintained for optimal performance
- A clean filter alert that reminds you when it's time to clean the filter, ensuring that the unit is operating at peak efficiency
How It Compares
There are many different dehumidifiers on the market, and choosing the right one can be overwhelming. To help you make a decision, here's a comparison of the Whirlpool WHAD50PCW dehumidifier with two other popular models:
|Model||Moisture Removal Capacity||Built-In Pump||Energy Star Certified||Price|
|Whirlpool WHAD50PCW||50 pints per day||Yes||Yes||$$$|
|Keystone 22 Pint Dehumidifier||22 pints per day||No||Yes||$$|
|Amana 48 Pint Portable Dehumidifier||48 pints per day||Yes||No||$$$|
As you can see, the Whirlpool WHAD50PCW dehumidifier is on the higher end in terms of price, but it also has a higher moisture removal capacity and is Energy Star certified. The Keystone 22 Pint Dehumidifier is a more budget-friendly option, but it doesn't have a built-in pump and has a lower moisture removal capacity. The Amana 48 Pint Portable Dehumidifier is similar in price to the Whirlpool model but is not Energy Star certified. Ultimately, your best choice will depend on your specific needs and budget.